Special Education and ESOL, Dr. Sandra Fradd
Additional Resources and References
Related Web Sites
(Documents may be obtained through ERIC.gov)
- Fradd, S. (1999/2000). Developing a language-learning framework for preparing Florida's multilingual work force, In Fradd, S. Ed. Creating Florida's multilingual global work force. (v.3). Miami: Florida Department of Education.
- Gallegos, A., & McCarty, L. L. (2000). Bilingual multicultural special education: An integrated personnel preparation program. Teacher Education and Special Education, 23(4), 264-270.
- Brice, A., & Roseberry-McKibben, C. (1999). Turning frustration into success for English language learners. Educational Leadership, 56(7), 53-55.
- Duffy, J., Ed.; Duron, S. Ed. (1999). Special education for culturally and linguistically diverse (CLD) students: Meeting the challenges, realizing opportunities. (ERIC Document No. ED 426 559)
- Obi, S. O., Obiakor, F. E., & Algozzine, B. (1999). Empowering culturally diverse exceptional learners in the 21st century: Imperatives for U.S. educators. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 439 551)
- Shewcraft, D., Witkop, E. (1998). Do my ESOL students have learning disabilities? A practical manual for ESOL instructors concerned about learning disabilities and the ESOL learner. (ERIC Document No. ED 442 308)
- Fradd, S. (1997). Language differences or learning disabilities? Identifying and meeting the needs of students from non-English-language backgrounds. Language in Education: Theory and Practice, 86. (ERIC Document No. ED 416 685)
- Obiakor, F., Utley, C. (1996). Rethinking preservice and inservice training programs for teachers in the learning disabilities field: Workable multicultural models. (ERIC Document No. ED 397 594)
- Baca, L., de Valenzuela, J. (1994). Reconstructing the bilingual special education interface. NCBE Program Information Guide Series No. 20. (ERIC Document No. ED 381 023)
- Harris, K., Nevin, A. (1994). Developing and using collaborative bilingual special education teams. In Malave, L. Ed. National Association for Bilingual Education (NABE), Annual Conference Journal, NABE '92-'93. (ERIC Document No. ED 372 643)
- Fradd, S., Larrinaga, M. (1994). Instructional Assessment: An integrative approach to evaluating student performance. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
Instructional Language Assessment [CD-Rom], in Language Arts Through ESOL, Office of Multicultural Student Language Education, Florida Department of Education.