Dialect Diversity and ESOL, Dr. Walt Wolfram
Additional Resources and References
Related Web Sites
(Documents may be obtained through ERIC.gov)
- Skutnabb-Kangas, T. (2000). Linguistic Genocide in Education—Or Worldwide Diversity and Human Rights?, Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum. pp. 147-155 and pp. 425-9.
McWhorter, J. (2000). Spreading the Word: Language and Dialect in America, Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann. Abstract available in ERIC Document No. ED 442283. Review available online.
- Preston, D. (Ed.), (1999). Handbook of perceptual dialectology ISBN: 1556195346
- McWhorter, J. (1998). The Word on The Street: Fact and Fable About American English, New York: Plenum Trade. ISBN: 0306459949
- Egan-Robertson, A. (Ed), Bloome, D. (Ed)., (1998). Students as Researchers of Culture and Language in their Own Communities. Language & Social Processes [Series]
- Kral, T. (Ed)., (1997). Being People: An Anthropology for Non-Native Speakers of English (more information available on ERIC ED 419398)
- Lippi-Green, R. (1997). English with an Accent: Language, Ideology, and Discrimination in the United States, London: Routledge.
- Bolinger, D. (1980). Language—The Loaded Weapon: The Use & Abuse of Language Today, Longman. Chapter 6.
American tongues [video], Center for New American Media, Inc; producers, directors, screenwriters, Louis Alvarez, Andrew Kolker, New York, NY : The Center, 1987
Yeah you rite! [video], Center for New American Media; Alvarez, L. & Kolker, A. (directors), New York, NY., Cinema Guild, 1985