ESOL Infusion: Dr. Joyce Nutta, Dr. Carine Strebel, Dr. Bruce Perry
Additional Resources and References
- Ballantyne, K., Sanderman, A., & Levy, J. (2008). Educating English language learners: Building teacher capacity. Washington, DC: National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition.
- Costa, J., McPhail, G., Smith, J., & Brisk, M. E. (2005). Faculty First: The Challenge of infusing the teacher education curriculum with scholarship on English language learners. Journal of Teacher Education, 56(2), 104-118. doi:10.1177/0022487104274119
- Lucas, T. (Ed.). (2011). Teacher preparation for linguistically diverse classrooms. A Resource for teacher Educators. New York: Routledge.
- Lucas, T., & Grinberg, J. (2008). Responding to the linguistic reality of mainstream classrooms: Preparing all teachers to teach English language learners. In M. Cochran-Smith, S. Feinman-Nemser, & D. J. McIntyre (Eds.), Handbook of research on teacher education (3rd ed., pp. 606-636). New York: Routledge.
- Lucas, T., Vilegas, A. M., & Freedson-Gonzalez, M. (2008). Linguistically responsive teacher education: Preparing classroom teachers to teach English language learners. Journal of Teacher Education, 59(4), 361-373. Doi:10.1177/0022487108322110
- Meskill, C. (2005). Infusing English language learner issues throughout professional educator curricula: The training all teachers project. Teachers College Record, 17(4), 739-756.